- God’s the one who gives people the power to make wealth, which is the magnetic attraction to prosperity.
- God intends wealth to be a sign that His people have made a covenant with Him.
- The word wealth in this verse is the word “chayil” which means strength, efficiency, wealth and an army.
- “Chayil” is used in Deuteronomy 3:18 where it says, ““Then I commanded you at that time, saying, ‘The Lord your God has given you this land to possess it; all you valiant men shall cross over armed before your brothers, the sons of Israel.”
- The word “valiant” here is also the word “power” in Deuteronomy 8:18.
- When God says I’m going to give you the power to make wealth, it’s the same word as valiant men. When God anointed them with power it was like valiant men were going out to bring prosperity to them. It wasn’t just attracting prosperity to them, it was a valiant strength that pulled prosperity into their life!
THERE IS NO MAGIC TRICK FOR WEALTH
I want to be clear that I’m not saying that all you have to do is believe God for His provision and it’s like a magic trick where all of a sudden it’s raining dollars from heaven (if that happens to you please share your story, because wow!) However, I am saying that your internal world dictates your external reality. What you believe about God and yourself will manifest in the realities around you. So, if we are going to be the kind of people who demonstrate God’s abundance on earth as it is in heaven, it starts with believing it for ourselves.
ACTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
Perhaps your first step towards a wealthy mindset today is recognizing that God does want His children to be wealthy. He wants His children to prosper, to have an ecosystem of kingdom stewardship in their soul, and be able to share and bless others with what He gives them. This week I encourage you to take some time to pray about your inner beliefs towards God’s wealth in your own life. This isn’t a “cure all” solution but it’s a great first step towards recognizing obstacles or possible lies you’re believing about prosperity in your life.
I bless you today with grace to receive the power to make wealth, just as it says in Deuteronomy 8:18. I bless you with a revelation in your spirit of the valiant strength available to you to make wealth! Is it easy to believe God for wealth in your own life? Where are you in the process of breaking out of a poverty mindset?
This article was written by Kris Vallotton and originally appeared at his blog. Find it here.