Employees Of FloraCraft (Photo: Facebook)

News

Dec 21, 2018 by Alyssa Duvall

This Christmas, One Small Business Blessed Its Employees With An Insanely Generous Gift

FloraCraft, a Michigan-based small business, gave out $4 million total in Christmas bonuses to their 200 employees.

“This idea has developed over the past year and is my way of saying ‘Thank you’ to our team for the role they have had in our success," owner and Chairman Lee Schoenherr said in an announcement according to Michigan Live

The bonuses ranged from $20,000 for an average employee to a whopping $60,000 and were distributed in the form of a 25% immediate payout with the remaining 75% invested in each employee's 401(k) retirement account.

“Our employees were beyond surprised – and deeply grateful of Mr. Schoenherr’s generosity," said CEO Eric Erwin. “He wants to ensure our employees have resources available as immediate reward for their hard work, along with a nest that allows them to save, plan and prepare for their future security.”

“I’ve got one sole and overriding reason for doing this,” Schoenherr explained, "and that’s to show you my appreciation for all the hard work and things that you do. It doesn’t go unnoticed."



Follow us on Facebook: