Some Favorite Books
Here are just a few of the books written by women for a mixed audience that have been especially helpful to me. I have deliberately not included books written specifically for women, though I’ve benefitted from many of those as well.
- 'Total Truth' and 'Finding Truth' by Nancy Pearcey. Pearcey’s books have been a tremendous blessing and challenge to me. In many ways she has helped carry the spirit of Francis Schaeffer into a new generation.
- '1 Peter' by Karen Jobes. I’m with D.A. Carson in believing this is currently the best commentary on 1 Peter.
- 'The Feminist Mistake' by Mary Kassian. Though many of Mary’s books have been written specifically for women, this one is for both men and women and has been very helpful to me in better understanding feminism.
- 'Humble Roots' by Hannah Anderson. This was one of my favorite books of 2016 and a powerful challenge to put pride to death.
- 'The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert' by Rosaria Butterfield. Butterfield’s book was tremendously helpful in better understanding homosexuality and the sense of community it builds.
- 'Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God' by Noël Piper. This is a powerful collection of short biographies about faithful women who joyfully served their great God."
Enter your name
Enter your email