“Our fingers are on the trigger and they will remain pressed against it in order to protect our people. We will be the sword and shield,” he continued.
Sinwar also thanked Egypt for the ceasefire agreement between Hamas and Israel on March 22 at 19:00 GMT.
“We have strengthened our relations with Egypt,” Sinwar said of the ceasefire. “The Egyptians have thankfully played a big role in the easing of the restrictions.”
Sinwar also said that the ceasefire agreement doesn’t include any plans to stop the weekly marches.
“The understandings are not an alternative to Palestinian unity and partnership,” the Hamas leader explained. “There is no talk about the Palestinian right to resistance in all its forms, especially in the West Bank. Also, there is no talk about halting the March of Return.”
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Hamas against any more violent attacks.
“We will do what is necessary to defend our people and to defend our state," Netyanhu said while addressing the annual American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) conference in Washington D.C. last month.