14. Quit living like everybody's going to heaven and nobody's going to hell. "Jesus died so the whole world could be saved, but He said the path to heaven is narrow and few find it. And for the record, He preached more about hell than heaven ... but He did it without using a bullhorn and manipulative scare tactics. #LeadLikeJesus (Matthew 7:13-14)."
15. Quit acting like you're better than those who don't know Jesus. You're not (Luke 18:19, Acts 10:34, Romans 2:11-13).
16. Quit criticizing loving believers who take a biblical stand for godly morals.
"Jesus didn't call us to be politically correct. Develop some backbone. And yes, I said wimp. And yes, I will repent for calling you a wimp (Acts 4-6)."
17. Quit pointing out the speck in your
"By the way, I can hardly see my computer as I type this because of the log in my own eye (Matthew 7:3-5)."
18. Quit being a jerk, period.
"Whatever your position is (on
19. Quit defending sin. Quit hating sinners.
"These are equally important. Oh yeah, and lose your critical lens (Psalm 97:10, Matthew 22:37-39)."
20. Quit using the phrase "he who's without sin cast the first stone" out of context.
"The next thing Jesus said was, "Go and sin no more" (John 8:1-11)."
21. Quit using grace as a license to live however you want.
"Jesus is grace, so don't trample Him under your feet (Romans 6:1-2, 1 John 2:4, Hebrews 10:26-31)."
22. Quit using the phrase (when inviting people to church) "come as you are" if you're going to complain when they start showing up (Mark 2:17, Luke 5:27-32).
Share this article with your friends!
- How Can And Should A Christian Apologize?
- Why Do Some People Love Jesus, But Don't Like The Bible?
- 10 Things You Should Know About Temptation
- Are Christians Starting To 'Idolize' Coffee?
- We Need To Stop Wasting The Time We Have In Church
Read more about Christian Living »