Think of someone that you have
Reciting the Lord’s Prayer
“And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors” (Matthew 6:12). Many godly believers in the past have recommended praying the Lord’s prayer multiple times a day. In many Church traditions, every Sunday the Lord’s prayer is recited. In the underground North Korean Church, they put emphasis on reciting the Lord’s Prayer together.
One of the benefits of this practice is that you can check your heart daily to see if you have any unforgiveness towards someone since our Lord shows us that we should expect God to forgive our debts as we also have done to others. Some brothers and sisters claim that they do not have unforgiveness towards an individual but their actions show they do have this poison still lurking within them.
The Lord has forgiven us and does not hold or accuse us
John Chrysostom says,
“Just as maniacs, who never enjoy
The Amplified Bible translation says, “Bless those who persecute you [who are cruel in their attitude toward you]; bless and do not curse them” (Romans 12:14). You cannot have forgiveness towards others and gossip about them.
To bless is to speak well of them; to curse is to speak in a wrong, accusing way. When we carry resentment for feeling we have been unfairly treated by another in the body of Christ we end up putting ourselves in harm’s way as well as hurting others. Unforgiveness is spiritual filthiness, a poison for your soul, a prison of torment. Forgive and give the individual to God and even have the grace to love and accept the individual again.
Being Set Free
Review and start to practice these steps daily:
1. Consider the coming of the Lord and that we should not be caught in unforgiveness with others (James 5:9).
2. Remember how much Christ suffered for you in the flesh and how we
3. Think on how much you sin and how terrible your sins are, judging yourself, not others (James 4:11-12).
4. Choose to bless (Romans 12:14) those who hurt you, praying for them and asking God to help them and show his grace to them.
5. Daily (perhaps 3 times a
6. Choose not to slander to speak evil of anyone (Colossians 3:8).
Lord, we come to You honestly with a broken heart,
Your servants in the Bible have gone through much greater problems than we have ever had to face. You saw them through their trials and difficulties, hurts and pains.
Thank You for Your promise that you have forgiven all of our debts as we forgive our debtors. We choose today to forgive those who have hurt us in
Give us the ability to choose to always forgive and release others. Please bring back the peace in our life that was filled with bitterness and hurt. Help us to stay close to You and not
In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.
- 29 Stirring and Powerful Bible Verses About Forgiveness
- Can You Lose Your Salvation? Billy Graham Gives An Incredible Answer
- Billy Graham: 'Use Your Second Chance To Turn To Almighty God'
Read more about Forgiveness »