- The next time you look at a person, or city, and say they deserve to be punished, remember, (in the old covenant) so did you.
MERCY TRIUMPHS OVER JUDGEMENT
So how can you take the mercy that’s been so lavishly poured out on you and extend it to all of those around you? I think it’s time we all start to live in the fullness of the new covenant, casting aside temptations to judge and punish, when the reality is that we too deserve punishment. What a beautiful gift the cross is! It has to start with realizing what the power of the cross means for us individually. Because of the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, you are now extended powerful mercy and lavish grace!
Let’s fully take in the gift of grace and stand in it for those who don’t yet know its power. Let mercy be on our lips as we speak of places and people groups who have yet to call on the name of Jesus!
Lord, forgive us of any ways that we’ve chosen an old covenant mindset when looking at the world. Help us to love the world with Your heart, and let us be conduits for the mercy You poured out on the cross!
This article was written by Kris Vallotton and originally appeared at his blog. Find it here.
- 22 Things Christians Need To Stop Doing...Now!
- Why A Lot Of Professing Christians Never Attend Church
- 10 Things Every Christian Should Know About Demons
- Should Pastors Drink Alcohol?
- When Sin Goes From Shocking To Amusing
Read more about Christian Living »
- Gossip Is The Subtle Sin That Needs To Stop NOW
Read more about Holy Living »