- What we have to understand is when we get to tomorrow, there will be grace for whatever we face then. We have to trust that God will give us what we need when we get there.
- When we are so concerned about what’s going to happen tomorrow we don’t actually get everything that God has for us today. Being present is a gift.
5 Things I do when I’m afraid:
1. I remind myself of things that I was afraid of in the past that never happened. Then I remind myself of how true they felt, but they didn’t happen. This helps me to remember that fear is a liar.
2. I question reality in light of the previous lies, and a new perspective emerges.
3. I make a conscious choice to trust my future to Jesus and remind myself of His care for me.
4. I bring up my history with God. I recall the testimonies in my life as a way of retelling the scary story that was running in my mind.
5. I bring up what God says about my future. I bring to mind the prophetic words over my life and remember that I have a bright future!
TAKEAWAY FOR THE WEEK
Today I want to encourage you to choose trust over worry. So much of peace comes out of knowing Who’s and who you are. Your good, good Father has you covered. Root your peace in His character instead of your circumstances. Whenever you’re dealing with fear about your future I encourage you to work through the 5 steps and remember that you have a bright future!
Lastly I want to bless you with a fresh outpouring of hope over your spirit! I pray that the Prince of Peace would be made known in your life this week, and I speak abundant life and joy over your future! May you know the grace that is given to you today, and may you have faith that He will provide grace for you tomorrow!
This article was written by Kris Vallotton and originally appeared at his blog. Find it here.
- Five Good, Strong Biblical Reasons Not To Fear
Read more about Fear »