2. "I connect with God better on the golf course, nature trails, at the beach, etc."
"I do wholeheartedly believe that God can connect with us anywhere, golf courses included! And like a parent, I don’t think God gets upset with you if miss a week of
3. "My kid's traveling sports team only plays on Sundays."
"Either don’t sign up for a program that only plays on Sundays or find at church that offers Saturday night services. But, if you choose the latter, you need to make a commitment to actually go on Saturday evenings."
4. "I'll just listen to a sermon via podcast."
"No matter how thankful I am to have world-renowned teaching at my fingertips, podcasts aren’t a replacement for church. There’s so much power in being in community, having that support system of believers, and always being surrounded by a group of people who love you and can hold you accountable."
5. "I'm doing fine. I don't need church."
Spiritual health is very similar to physical health. Do you just neglect all physical health until you are so unhealthy that you end up in the emergency room? No! We make decisions every day for our health, such as the foods we eat and drink, and we get regular checkups. Our spiritual life is the same way! We pray and read our Bibles, and go to church for weekly “checkups.”
- Why 500 Years Of Catholic & Protestant Church Separation?
- We Need To Stop Wasting The Time We Have In Church
- John MacArthur Is Asked 'Why Don't You Allow Your Wife To Preach?'
- Paul Washer On Why Young People Are Not Singing In Worship
- What To Do When Your Church Changes
Read more about Church »